Donating just a few hours a week can have an immensely positive impact on the lives of the patients, visitors and, of course, you!
The main objective of the Volunteer Services department at Health Sciences North/Horizon Santé Nord (HSN) is to ensure volunteers are afforded the best opportunities to support and enhance the experience of patients, visitors and staff at HSN.
There are several advantages of volunteering with HSN…
• Certain departments offer social interactions with patients…and exercise!
• Volunteers can build experience working in the Boutique or Café.
• Students, whether High School or Post-Secondary, have opportunities to gain career insight into healthcare, build their resume and complete their 40 hours of community service.
• Adults may utilize skills that they have gained over the years and make good use of their free time.
What do volunteers do?
Health Sciences North/Horizon Santé Nord (HSN) is composed of different sites, all with a variety of volunteer opportunities working with kids, adults and seniors. These sites are:
• Ramsey Lake Health Centre (RLHC)
• Northeast Cancer Centre
• Sudbury Outpatient Centre (SOC)
• Mental Health and Addictions Centres