The objective of the Communications Department is to enhance the public’s awareness and understanding of the hospital’s programs, services and facilities. We recognize the media as an important partner in helping us achieve this goal.
A few things to keep in mind.
- Being in hospital is a stressful time for our patients and their families. HSN’s first priority is to provide compassionate, quality care to our patients and support families during their time of need. Patients and their families may not wish to have media involved and we ask that media please respect their wishes.
- The organization will make every effort possible to meet the deadlines set out by the media, however, our staff and experts may not be available in a given time frame. Staff and physicians have the right to refuse requests for interviews.
Are you a journalist looking to do a story or interview staff at Health Sciences North or Health Sciences North Research Institute?
- The first point of contact for all media-related activities and events is HSN’s Media Specialist, even if these requests are initiated by the media or by a program, service or staff member at the hospital. The Media Specialist is Jason Turnbull and he can be reached by:
- When the Media Specialist is away, a designated member of the Communications Team will be responsible for connecting with the media. The Communications Team can be reached by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On weekends, after hours and during statutory holidays, our clinical and corporate offices are closed and medical experts are not available. Outside regular office hours, the hospital always has media relations staff on-call; however, this service is strictly reserved for emergencies.