HSN has capacity to test hundreds more people for COVID-19. Patients with ANY of the following symptoms must call HSN’s COVID-19 Assessment Center between 9am and 5pm, 7 days/week at (705)-671-7373 or fill out the new online form to request an appointment:
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath *If you are having difficulty breathing or experiencing other severe symptoms, call 911 immediately. Advise them of your symptoms and travel history.
• Sore throat
• New onset or worsening cough
• Difficulty swallowing
• Loss of taste or sense of smell
• Runny nose or nasal congestion (not due to seasonal allergies)
• Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain.
• Muscle aches, unexplained fatigue, malaise (general feeling of discomfort, weakness, or illness that has recently developed)
• Croup or “barking” cough
• Pink eye.
** Important **
No one who is symptomatic or who is concerned they have been exposed to COVID-19 will be declined a test at the Assessment Centre.
Effective immediately, testing is also available for the following populations:
- People who are concerned that they have been exposed to COVID-19. This includes people who are contacts of or may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case.
- People who are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their employment, including essential workers (e.g., health care workers, grocery store employees, food processing plants).
Patients will be screened by a nurse over the telephone, and referred to one of three options if testing is necessary:
• COVID-19 Assessment Centre,56 Walford Road, with drive-through testing option;
• NEOMO Medical, 885 Prete Street, with drive-through testing option;
• Primacy Medical Centre, 1485 Lasalle Boulevard, with drive-through testing option
All three COVID-19 assessment options are by appointment only. They are designed to protect health workers and patients alike from being exposed to the virus. For safety reasons, “walk in” appointments are strictly prohibited.
Patients can access online test results through this secure online portal.
Individuals with general questions are asked to please visit Public Health Sudbury & Districts website.
The purpose of COVID-19 Assessment Centers is to identify and swab people who are at risk for infection with COVID-19. Our goal is to ensure the health of our community by identifying disease early and reducing the number of people presenting to the Emergency Department at HSN.