More than 30 advisors are partnering with teams to review staff and patient education materials, be an active member of program councils, committees and interview panels, and work on quality improvement projects to enhance the care experience for our patients and families.
An example of how HSN is partnering with patients and families is through our Patient and Family Advisory Council.
A Patient and Family Advisor is….
A patient/family member that has experienced care at HSN within the past three years who can:
- Speak in a group and work well with others
- Share ideas in ways others can learn
- Bring a positive attitude to discussions
- Respect others and work with people who may be different than them
- Partner with other families and healthcare providers to focus on improving care for others
- Keep any shared information, private and confidential
The Patient and Family Advisor onboarding process includes:
- Completion of an Application form
- “Getting to Know you” Interview
- Volunteer Orientation Session
- Patient and Family Advisor Orientation Session
Start your journey to make a difference….
You decide how much time you volunteer as a Patient and Family Advisor. It may be a one-time activity, such as sharing your experience. It may involve longer term participation on a committee, working group, or team.
Free parking passes are given when volunteering as a Patient and Family Advisor