To refer to a NEO Kids Pediatrician, or to a Visiting Pediatric Specialist (cardiologist, rheumatologist, orthopedic surgeon, allergist), please complete the Kids Care Centre Referral Form and submit to our Fax Referral Line 705-523-8600 including all relevant documents such as WHO growth charts, lab results, diagnostics, other assessments, etc.
Click HERE to download our fillable referral form.
The Kids Care Centre Referral Form is used for all pediatric referrals except for those patients who can be referred directly to our NEO Kids Pediatric ACU for our BALANCE Progam, Asthma Education Clinic, FASD Diagnostic Clinic, Gender Clinic or Nutritional Counselling. These referrals are available below under "Referrals to NEO Kids Pediatric ACU" or can also be found on the individual clinic web pages.
Referrals for Behavioural Issues or ADHD
NEO Kids only accepts referrals for behavioural issues from physicians and nurse pracitioners. All referrals must be submitted on the ADHD Referral Form (click here to download the fillable form) and include a completed SNAP-IV form from the parent, a completed SNAP-IV form from the teacher, and a completed WEISS Symptom Record from the parent. For the most recent versions of the screening tools visit www.caddra.ca. Referrals that are not submitted with the required screening tools will be declined. Completed referrals and attachments are faxed to our main Fax Referral Line at the Kids Care Centre at (705) 523-8600.
As of September 1, 2019, we have implemented a "shared care" model for non-complex ADHD patients. Patients will receive an initial consultation and then they will be asked to follow up with their primary care provider every 3 months. NEO Kids will follow up with these patients on an annual basis only. Should any questions or concerns arise during patient's follow up visits, the primary care provider can contact the patient's assigned Pediatrician directly for discussion/consultation.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the status of your referral, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information regarding our triage process:
- Once the patient's referral is received, it is processed and triaged. The referring provider will receive an acknowledgement letter within 14 days of receipt, confirming that the patient's referral was received, the NEO Kids Pediatrician that the patient is being assigned to, and the expected wait time. Phone calls received during this initial 14 day period regarding the status of the referral will not be able to be returned due to the volume of calls we receive. Patients should contact their referring care provider for a status update on their pending referral after 14 days of submission should they have any questions/concerns.
- The Pediatrician's office will call the patient directly to book their appointment. The referring provider will also receive a confirmation fax of the date and time of the scheduled appointment. Should a patient's contact information change, the referring provider should provide the new contact information to the appropriate Pediatrician's office.
- Should a referring provider feel that a patient requires an urgent consult with a NEO Kids Pediatrician, they should contact the On Call Pediatrician.
- NOTE: If a patient has not been seen by a NEO Kids Pediatrician in the last year, or the patient needs to be seen for another reason, the referral is considered a new consult and goes through the regular triage process.
To contact a NEO Kids Pediatrician's office at the Kids Care Centre, please call our main NEO Kids phone line at
You must first select OPTION 1 for the Kids Care Centre. This will bring you to the Kids Care Centre directory.
Then you select the appropriate care provider's office:
- Option 1 - Dr. Sean Murray
- Option 2 - Dr. Tara Baron
- Option 3 - Dr. Elaine Blacklock
- Option 4 - Dr. Chantal Corbeil
- Option 5 - Dr. Gautam Kumar
- Option 6 - Dr. Melanie Breau
- Option 7 - Angelina Wiwczor, Nurse Practitioner
- Option 8 - Hannah Smith, Nurse Pracitioner