1) How do I apply for a job at Health Sciences North (HSN)?
All applications must be submitted online through our Careers page. Your resumes should detail your skills, abilities, education and experience as it relates to the job qualifications as outlined on the Job Posting.
• TO VIEW a job posting, click on “Job Details”
• TO APPLY, click on “Apply
2) I am attempting to apply for an Internal job and I don’t have or know my employee number?
Only HSN employee’s have an employee number. If you are not an employee of HSN, you are not eligible to apply to internal job postings. Please refer to the Careers page by clicking here, so see all external Career opportunities.
All HSN employees have an employee number, which is located on your bi-weekly pay-stub. This is located on the top right side of the pay-stub. You must enter in all letters and numbers.
3) I am attempting to apply for a job and the ‘Job Details’ button, ‘Apply’ button or the reCAPTCHA (‘I am not a robot’) does not work.
This may be due to an outdated Web browser. If you are current HSN Employee, email the IT Service Desk to have your computer updated. As an alternative, open Chrome and cut and paste the web address from Internal Explorer to Chrome.
4) I am not able to attach or upload my Resume when I apply to a job.
Due to security risks, some users may not be able to upload and attach a resume. This mainly occurs with users who have resume’s created with Open Office or Libre Office. If you are unable to upload and attach a resume, convert your resume to PDF. This can be done by going to File → Export to PDF or File Save As and select Save as Type → PDF.
5) How do I know if I have successfully applied for a job?
Once you submit your application a screen will pop up indicating that your application has been received along with a confirmation number. If a valid email address was included, you will then receive an email notification that the application was received. Note: The email notification may end up in your junk mail. Applicants are responsible for recording and retaining their confirmation number and/or email as proof of application.
6) What if I have difficulties applying for a job?
Contact Human Resources prior to the competition closing date by calling 705-523-7100 ext. 3990. If you do not contact Human Resources while the competition is open, your application will not be included in the competition.
7) Does HSN keep resumes on file?
HSN does not retain resumes following a job competition. If you are interested in an opportunity you are encouraged to review current online job openings and apply to any of interest that match your qualifications
8) I missed the deadline for the job I am interested in. Are applications accepted after the posting has closed?
Applications are not accepted if they are submitted after the deadline. The posting is open to applicants when it is posted on the Careers Website.
9) Can I drop my resumes at the Human Resources office?
Applications for HSN positions are only accepted online via the HSN Careers page.
We do not accept hand delivered or emailed applications. All applications must be made through the online posted position.
10) What does Internal Job Opportunities mean?
The positions posted on this board are for existing HSN employees only. Any applicant who is not an HSN employee or applicants who have applied to a position where they are not a member of the position’s Union will not be considered. Exception: CUPE CLERICAL and CUPE SERVICE applicants for CUPE positions will have their names on the posting results but will only be considered after applicants in the posted CUPE Affiliation have been considered.
11) When are Summer Student Opportunities posted?
Summer student opportunities are posted during the month of April. Continue to check the Careers website weekly for positions.
12) How do I submit an application to volunteer at Health Sciences North?
Information about volunteer opportunities can be found on the Volunteers page of the HSN Website.